1. Visit the New River Gorge Bridge: The iconic bridge is located near Fayetteville and offers spectacular views of the area’s rugged terrain.
2. Tour Harpers Ferry National Historic Park: Explore this historic destination to learn about its Civil War history and take in breathtaking views from Maryland Heights overlook.
3. Go whitewater rafting on the Gauley River: An adrenaline-fueled adventure awaits you as you navigate through class III and IV rapids of one of West Virginia’s most popular rivers for rafters.
4. Hike Seneca Rocks: This magnificent formation rises 900 feet high, making it a great spot for rock climbing enthusiasts or those who just want to take in some gorgeous panoramic vistas while they hike around its base. 5 .Explore Blackwater Falls State Park: View cascading waterfalls, go kayaking, camping, horseback riding or explore historical sites like Lindy Point Overlook for stunning views of Blackwater Canyon below.
. 6 .Tour Cass Scenic Railroad State Park : Ride an authentic steam locomotive up Cheat Mountain into the Monongahela National Forest where passengers can enjoy beautiful scenery along with wildlife viewing opportunities.
. 7 .Visit Stonewall Resort : Located on 1,900 acres of woodlands by Stonewall Jackson Lake , this resort features luxurious accommodations with outdoor activities such as golfing , hiking trails , fishing and boating available.
. 8 .Take a Drive Along The Midland Trail : Enjoy scenic drives along this winding road that traverses southern West Virginia offering incredible mountain vistas at each turn .
. 9 Take a Cruise On Summersville Lake : Relax on a boat tour or rent your own motorboat , canoe or paddleboard to explore Summersville Lake which is surrounded by lush forests and steep cliffs..
West Virginia is full of amazing attractions and places that make it a great place to visit. From historical sites, outdoor adventures, vibrant music scenes, and award-winning restaurants – West Virginia has something for everyone! Here are 10 of the best things to do in West Virginia: explore Harpers Ferry National Historical Park; take a ride on the Cass Scenic Railroad; go whitewater rafting on the New River Gorge; see live bluegrass music at Mountain Stage Radio Show; tour one of the many wineries or breweries throughout the state; experience world-class fly fishing in Monongahela National Forest; soak up some culture at The Clay Center for Arts & Sciences in Charleston; embark on an adventure through Seneca Rocks State Park; shop ‘til you drop at Tamarack Crafts Marketplace and Visitors Center.
Whether visitors come to relax or explore, there’s no shortage of activities in West Virginia.
West Virginia Tourist Attractions – 10 Best Places to Visit in West Virginia
Things to Do in West Virginia for Couples
West Virginia is a great destination for couples looking to explore natural beauty and romantic activities. From hiking in the Appalachian Mountains, camping under the stars, rafting on the New River Gorge or exploring one of West Virginia’s many charming towns and cities, there is something for every couple here. Whether you want to take in stunning views from atop a mountaintop overlook or explore art galleries and farmers markets in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia has plenty of options for couples looking for an unforgettable getaway.
Unique Things to Do in West Virginia
West Virginia offers a variety of unique activities to take advantage of while visiting. From white water rafting and rock climbing to exploring the underground caverns, there’s something for everyone! Tourists can also check out the state’s many historical sites, such as Harpers Ferry National Historical Park and The Greenbrier Resort.
If you’re looking for an adventure, try zip-lining in the New River Gorge or take a wild ride at Adventures on the Gorge. No matter what kind of experience you’re looking for, West Virginia has it all!
Secret Places in West Virginia
West Virginia is a state with many hidden gems! From rugged mountains to lush forests, the Mountain State is full of secret places waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re looking for an off-the-beaten-path adventure or just a quiet spot to relax and take in the beauty of nature, West Virginia has something for everyone.
Popular secret spots include Seneca Rocks and Blackwater Falls State Park, both offering stunning views and unique opportunities for exploration.
Things to Do in West Virginia This Weekend
There’s no shortage of fun things to do this weekend in West Virginia! Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, cultural attractions, or just some relaxing time with family and friends, the Mountain State has it all. From hiking and biking on scenic trails to visiting world-class museums and art galleries, you’ll find something that suits your interests.
Plus, don’t forget about the shopping opportunities – from boutique stores to antique shops, there’s plenty here to explore!
Things to Do in West Virginia With Kids
West Virginia is full of exciting activities for kids and families to enjoy. From the whitewater rivers of the New River Gorge National Park, to exploring caves at Seneca Rocks, or taking a ride on the Cass Scenic Railroad, there’s something for everyone in West Virginia. For those looking for outdoor adventure, there’s plenty of hiking trails and scenic mountain views throughout The Mountain State.
And if you’re looking for something more low-key, check out local museums like Tamarack or take a stroll through one of our many historic towns. No matter what you choose to do in West Virginia with your family, it will be sure to create memories that last a lifetime!
Free Things to Do in West Virginia
West Virginia offers an abundance of free activities for visitors to enjoy. From outdoor adventures like hiking and fishing, to cultural experiences such as visiting historical sites and museums, there are plenty of cost-free options for those looking to explore this gorgeous state. Visitors can also take advantage of various festivals, farmers’ markets, concerts in the park, and even river rafting trips down some of West Virginia’s most popular rivers.
West Virginia Tourist Attractions
West Virginia is a beautiful and diverse state, filled with amazing attractions to explore. One popular destination is the New River Gorge Bridge near Fayetteville. This bridge spans 3,030 feet over the New River Gorge and offers spectacular views of the canyon below.
Another must-see spot for visitors to West Virginia is Seneca Rocks in Pendleton County. This impressive rock formation stands 300 feet high and provides an incredible backdrop for hikers and climbers alike. The Harpers Ferry National Historical Park in Jefferson County also draws many tourists who come to learn about its important role during the Civil War period.
With so much natural beauty, history, culture, and adventure awaiting you in West Virginia, it’s no wonder why people flock there year after year!
What is the Number 1 Attraction in West Virginia
The Number 1 Attraction in West Virginia is the Hatfield and McCoy Trails. This incredible trail system sprawls over 700 miles of gorgeous terrain, providing a unique outdoor experience that can be enjoyed by all ages. From ATV riding to horseback riding, there are plenty of trails available for everyone to explore and take in the stunning scenery of West Virginia’s nature!
What is the Most Visited Place in West Virginia?
The most visited place in West Virginia is Harpers Ferry. Located along the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers, this historic town offers a variety of attractions for visitors to explore.
Benefits of visiting Harpers Ferry:
– Stunning views of nature and wildlife – Rich history with iconic landmarks such as The John Brown Museum – Great restaurants and shopping opportunities
– Outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, fishing, biking, and more! Visiting Harpers Ferry promises an unforgettable experience that should not be missed!
What is the Prettiest Part of West Virginia?
The prettiest part of West Virginia is the “Mountain State” itself. Its majestic mountains, rolling hills, and lush green valleys make it a true natural wonder to behold.
Some of the highlights include:
• The New River Gorge National River – a beautiful canyon perfect for hiking and rafting adventures • Blackwater Falls State Park – featuring breathtaking cascading waterfalls set against rocky cliffs • Seneca Rocks – towering quartzite formations that are popular with rock climbers from around the world
• Monongahela National Forest – boasting over 1 million acres of pristine wilderness forests and outdoor recreational activities. West Virginia’s beauty is truly something to behold and explore!
What is West Virginia Most Popular For?
West Virginia is most popular for its outdoor recreation and stunning natural beauty.
Its main attractions include:
• White Water Rafting – Adventurers can explore the wild rapids of the New River Gorge National River.
• Hiking – With over 900 miles of trails, hikers can traverse through mountains, valleys, waterfalls and more. • Skiing & Snowboarding – West Virginia’s resorts offer winter sports from beginner to advanced levels. The state also offers a variety of cultural experiences such as live music festivals, artisan food vendors and craft breweries throughout the year.
What are Three Things West Virginia is Famous For?
West Virginia is a state with a rich history and culture. Famous for its beautiful nature, outdoor recreational activities, and regional cuisine, it has much to offer visitors. Here are three things West Virginia is famous for:
* Whitewater Rafting – Boasting some of the best whitewater rafting in the country, West Virginia offers thrilling rapids and stunning scenery on rivers like the Gauley and New Rivers. * Appalachian Cuisine – Hearty dishes such as pepperoni rolls, salt-rising breads, ramp fries and more form an important part of West Virgina’s culinary identity. * Outdoor Recreation – From skiing to hiking trails there are plenty of ways to get out into nature in this ruggedly beautiful state.
In short, West Virginia is well known for its exciting whitewater rafting opportunities along with traditional Appalachian cuisine and excellent outdoor recreation options.
Overall, West Virginia is a beautiful and exciting state with plenty of opportunities for adventure. From outdoor activities such as hiking or rafting to exploring historical sites like the Museum of American Glass and taking in stunning natural views, there’s something for everyone in this lovely Appalachian destination. With its diverse landscape and friendly locals, West Virginia is guaranteed to be an unforgettable experience.