1. West Virginia State Capitol: Explore the home of the state’s government and a National Historic Landmark in Charleston, featuring historical tours and access to the Governor’s Mansion.
2. Harpers Ferry National Historical Park: Visit this site with a rich history in both civil war and industrial heritage, located at the confluence of two rivers near Harpers Ferry.
3. Seneca Rocks: Scale one of West Virginia’s iconic rock formations on more than 350 climbing routes ranging from beginner-friendly climbs to challenging 5th class climbs for experienced climbers.
4. The Greenbrier Resort: Experience luxury service in White Sulphur Springs while playing 18 holes of championship golf on one of America’s oldest courses or explore its extensive subterranean bunker system built during World War II era by President Eisenhower as an emergency refuge for Congress members should they need it during a nuclear attack (now open to public tours). 5. New River Gorge Bridge & National River: Take part in some world-class whitewater rafting along 53 miles of beautiful scenery that includes over 100 known rapids or walk across the New River Gorge Bridge which is aptly nicknamed “The Grand Canyon Of The East”. 6 .
Cass Scenic Railroad State Park : Enjoy scenic train rides through some awe-inspiring landscapes including rugged Cheat Mountain wilderness, scenic views from Bald Knob summit, and majestic mountain vistas between Whittaker Station and Bald Knob Loop Line Junction – you might even spot wild animals! 7 . Canaan Valley Resort & Conference Center : Ski down 42 trails covering 75 acres across four ski areas surrounded by lush forests full of wildlife such as black bear, deer, foxes and turkeys – there’s also an ice skating rink nearby too!
8 . Coopers Rock State Forest : Hike deep into nature along 13 miles worth of trails throughout this expansive forest park offering stunning valley views alongside plenty picnic spots perfect for family gatherings or romantic dates alike! 9 .
Blackwater Falls State Park : Immerse yourself within nature while exploring cascading waterfalls plunging 62 feet into shimmering pools below; be sure to check out Lindy Point lookout point if you want epic panoramic views! 10 .
West Virginia is full of exciting attractions and activities to explore. From outdoor adventures like hiking, biking, and fishing in the Appalachian Mountains to visiting historical sites and museums, there’s something for everyone in West Virginia. To help you plan your next trip here, we’ve compiled a list of our top 10 things to do in West Virginia – from scenic drives through national forests to unique shopping experiences at local boutiques.
Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline rush or some peace and quiet, this list has something for everyone!
West Virginia Tourist Attractions – 10 Best Places to Visit in West Virginia
Things to Do in West Virginia for Couples
West Virginia is an amazing destination for couples, with a wide range of romantic activities to explore. From outdoor adventures in the breathtaking Appalachian Mountains, to relaxing hot springs and spas, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful state. For those looking for an adventure, hiking trails like Blackwater Falls State Park offer stunning views and plenty of opportunities to take memorable photos together.
If relaxation is more your speed, then check out Berkeley Springs State Park or The Greenbrier Resort – both offering luxurious spa treatments that can help you unwind after a long day exploring the area. No matter what type of vacation experience you’re looking for, West Virginia has it all!
Unique Things to Do in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to some of the most unique attractions and activities in the country. From visiting a historical underground mine to taking a scenic rafting tour down one of the many rivers, there’s no shortage of things to do in this state. Head over to Seneca Rocks for some rock climbing or explore the Monongahela National Forest for wildlife watching and outdoor recreation.
You can also take an ATV adventure through Hatfield-McCoy Trails or visit Harpers Ferry National Historic Park for a glimpse into America’s history. Whether you’re looking for adventure or simply want to relax, West Virginia offers something for everyone!
Secret Places in West Virginia
West Virginia is a state filled with hidden treasures, and secret places are no exception. From waterfalls tucked away in the mountains to abandoned towns deep in the Appalachians, there is something for everyone looking for an off-the-beaten-path adventure. Whether you’re looking for a quiet getaway or someplace to explore with friends and family, West Virginia has plenty of secret spots that will make your trip truly unforgettable.
Things to Do in West Virginia This Weekend
West Virginia has a variety of exciting activities for everyone to enjoy this weekend. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, urban explorations, or simply wanting to relax and take in the beauty of nature, there is something for everyone in West Virginia. From visiting historical sites like Harpers Ferry National Historical Park to exploring the great outdoors with a hike along the Appalachian Trail or a whitewater rafting trip on the New River Gorge, West Virginia offers a wide range of options that are sure to provide an unforgettable experience.
Things to Do in West Virginia With Kids
West Virginia is a great destination for families looking for an exciting and memorable vacation. With plenty of outdoor activities to explore, from hiking to whitewater rafting, West Virginia offers something for everyone. Plus, there are numerous family-friendly attractions in the state like amusement parks, museums and wildlife centers that will keep kids entertained.
Whether you’re camping or staying at one of the many cozy cabins in the area, your family can enjoy all that West Virginia has to offer!
Free Things to Do in West Virginia
West Virginia is home to a variety of free attractions and activities that are great for visitors looking to explore on a budget. From outdoor adventures such as hiking trails, fishing spots, and wildlife viewing areas, to cultural experiences like historic sites, art galleries, and unique shops – there’s something in West Virginia for everyone! Whether you’re exploring the beautiful mountain ranges or taking in the rich history of this region, there is plenty to do without spending a dime.
West Virginia Tourist Attractions
West Virginia offers a variety of interesting and unique tourist attractions to explore. From historical sites, breathtaking scenery, outdoor activities, delicious local cuisine and many more activities for the whole family; West Virginia has something for everyone! Popular tourist destinations include Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, Monongahela National Forest, Blackwater Falls State Park and Seneca Rocks.
Whether you’re looking for an adventure or a relaxing getaway, West Virginia has it all!
What is the Number 1 Attraction in West Virginia
West Virginia’s number one attraction is the breathtaking New River Gorge Bridge. Located in Fayetteville, West Virginia, this bridge spans 3,030 feet and stands 876 feet above the beautiful New River. It is the longest single-span arch bridge in the western hemisphere and was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 2013.
Visitors from all over come to witness its beauty and take part in various activities such as rock climbing, zip lining, whitewater rafting, mountain biking and more!
What is the Most Visited Place in West Virginia?
The most visited place in West Virginia is Harpers Ferry National Park, located on the banks of the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers. It offers visitors a chance to explore history and enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, camping and more.
Notable features include:
– John Brown’s Fort: A former firehouse where abolitionist John Brown planned his raid on the armory in 1859. – Lower Town Historic District: A quaint historical village with shops, restaurants, churches and old homes from the 19th century. – Appalachian Trail Museum: An interactive museum dedicated to preserving the stories of hikers who have completed all 2200 miles of this iconic trail.
Harpers Ferry National Park is an ideal destination for those looking to experience nature while exploring American History at its best!
What is the Prettiest Part of West Virginia?
The most beautiful part of West Virginia is the Monongahela National Forest. It is home to some of the most stunning landscapes in the entire state and offers a wide variety of activities for visitors to explore.
Some highlights include:
• Spruce Knob – The highest point in West Virginia, featuring spectacular views from its summit and nearby trails. • Seneca Rocks – A prominent rock formation with climbing routes suitable for all levels of climbers. • Dolly Sods Wilderness – A breathtaking landscape full of wildflowers, bogs, heaths and upland hardwood forests.
This area provides something for everyone looking to explore nature at its finest, making it one of the best spots in West Virginia to find beauty and adventure!
What is West Virginia Most Popular For?
West Virginia is a state in the Appalachian Mountains known for its coal mining, outdoor recreation and diverse culture. It is most popular for:
* Outdoor Activities – Skiing, rafting, fishing and hunting are all popular activities that take advantage of West Virginia’s unique landscape.
* Food & Drink – Enjoy local favorites like pepperoni rolls, ramps and more in the many restaurants throughout West Virginia. * Music & Culture – From bluegrass to country music, there are plenty of opportunities to explore the music scene in West Virginia. * History & Heritage – Learn about the history of this mountainous region at historic sites across the state.
In short, West Virginia offers visitors an array of experiences from outdoor adventures to cultural exploration!
What are Three Things West Virginia is Famous For?
West Virginia is a state known for its natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Here are three of the most famous things about West Virginia:
* Appalachian Mountains – The rugged, picturesque mountain range runs through the state, offering breathtaking views and outdoor recreational activities.
* Coal Mining – Coal mining has been an integral part of West Virginia’s economy since the 19th century. * State Capital – Charleston is the capital city of West Virginia and home to many historical sites such as the State Capitol building. The combination of stunning natural scenery, economic history and captivating cities makes West Virginia a unique place to explore.
West Virginia is a beautiful state with plenty of things to do and see. Whether you are looking for outdoor activities, historical sites, or cultural experiences, there is something here for everyone. From the New River Gorge Bridge to the Greenbrier State Forest, this article has highlighted 10 of the best places and attractions in West Virginia that will give you an unforgettable experience.
So make sure to add these destinations on your list when visiting West Virginia!