1. Visit the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum in Jackson, which chronicles the state’s civil rights history through interactive exhibits and audio-visual presentations.
2. Tour Vicksburg National Military Park to learn about the 1863 siege that turned the tide of history during the American Civil War.
3. Go back in time at Natchez Trace Parkway, a 444-mile scenic road that was once used by Native Americans and early settlers who traveled from Natchez to Nashville, Tennessee.
4. Enjoy some outdoor fun at De Soto and Hugh White State Parks where you can swim, fish or take part in other recreational activities like camping and hiking trails around lakeside views amidst lush vegetation . 5. Take a stroll down memory lane at Beauvoir – The Jefferson Davis Home & Presidential Library located on Biloxi’s beachfront to explore artifacts related to Confederate President Jefferson Davis’s life here after his exile from Richmond following the Civil War ended..
6. Spend an afternoon exploring Elvis Presley’s birthplace in Tupelo where you can tour his two-room cabin museum as well as browse historical artifacts inside Graceland Too—the largest collection of Elvis memorabilia outside of Memphis’ Graceland estate.. 7 Get your dose of music culture with a visit to Clarksdale – home of legendary bluesmen like Muddy Waters – for live performances at venues such as Red’s Lounge , Ground Zero Blues Club , Cat Head Delta Blues & Folk Art store etc .
8 Learn about Southern literature during a pilgrimage along Oxford’s famous “Faulkner Literary Trail ” featuring markers honoring Nobel Prize winner William Faulkner and other literary figures connected with Mississippi . 9 Cruise down the mighty Mississippi River on one of several paddlewheel excursion boats available for day trips or longer cruises outfitted with casinos, dining areas and entertainment venues ..
10 Catch up on some shopping therapy while browsing unique items from local artisans throughout downtown Starkville including vintage apparel stores , antique shops , specialty boutiques along Main Street etc .
Mississippi has plenty of attractions and activities to offer visitors. From exploring the vibrant cities of Jackson and Biloxi, to spending a day at the beach or visiting one of Mississippi’s many museums and gardens, there is something for everyone in this southern state. Here are 10 things you should do when visiting Mississippi:
1) Visit Elvis Presley’s Birthplace in Tupelo; 2) Explore the Gulf Islands National Seashore on Ship Island; 3) Take a tour of Vicksburg National Military Park;
4) Check out historic Oxford Square; 5) Spend an afternoon strolling through Natchez Trace Parkway; 6) Cruise along the Natchez Trace Scenic Byway for some incredible views 7); Admire wildlife at Tishomingo State Park 8); Learn about African-American history at The Underground Railroad Museum 9); Enjoy outdoor fun at Noxubee Wildlife Refuge 10).
With so much to see and do, it’s no wonder that Mississippi attracts thousands of tourists every year!
Mississippi Tourist Attractions 2023 : 10 Best Places to visit Mississippi 2023
Things to Do in Mississippi for Couples
If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, Mississippi has plenty of options for couples to explore. From exploring the beautiful beaches along the Gulf Coast to taking in stunning views from atop one of Mississippi’s many mountains, couples can find plenty of activities and attractions to experience together. Whether it’s strolling through some of the state’s charming towns or visiting its vibrant cities, there are countless opportunities for romance around every corner in this southern state.
Mississippi Tourist Attractions
Mississippi is a great destination for tourists looking to explore the Deep South. Popular attractions include historic sites such as the Vicksburg National Military Park and Biloxi Lighthouse, museums like the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science and The Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, outdoor activities like hiking in Tishomingo State Park or exploring Lake Pontchartrain, and much more. Whether you’re looking for an educational tour or simply some rest and relaxation by the beach, Mississippi has something to offer everyone!
Unique Places to Visit in Mississippi
Mississippi is home to many unique places that are worth visiting. From the state’s largest city of Jackson and its bustling downtown, to the picturesque beaches of Gulfport and Biloxi, there are plenty of interesting sights to explore in Mississippi. For a truly unique experience, visitors should check out the Vicksburg National Military Park for a look at one of America’s most important Civil War battlefields.
Things to Do in Mississippi This Weekend
For those looking to explore the Magnolia State this weekend, Mississippi has plenty of exciting options. Spend a day at Geyser Falls Water Theme Park in Choctaw for some family-friendly fun, or go on an airboat ride along the Pascagoula River with a local guide. For history buffs, check out the Vicksburg National Military Park which preserves and commemorates one of America’s longest sieges during the Civil War.
If you want something more low-key, take a drive down Natchez Trace Parkway to enjoy its stunning sights and peaceful atmosphere. No matter what your plans are, Mississippi has something for everyone this weekend!
Secret Places in Mississippi
If you’re looking for a unique and exciting place to explore in Mississippi, then look no further! From hidden waterfalls tucked away in the woods to underwater caves off the Gulf Coast, there are plenty of secret places waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re an adventure seeker or simply looking for some peace and quiet, these hidden gems will provide an unforgettable experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
Free Things to Do in Mississippi
Mississippi is full of wonderful free things to do! From outdoor activities like hiking and fishing, to unique attractions such as the Mississippi Museum of Art and Biloxi Lighthouse, there’s something for everyone in this southern state. Whether you are looking for a day out with the family or an adventure on your own, Mississippi has plenty of fun and budget-friendly options.
What is the Number 1 Attraction in Mississippi
The Number 1 Attraction in Mississippi is the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino located in Biloxi. This luxurious resort offers a variety of entertainment options, including over 1,500 slot machines and 80 table games, as well as an array of restaurants and bars. In addition to all this, guests can enjoy live shows at the MGM Grand Theater or relax by one of three pool areas with their own private beach access.
With its world-class amenities and convenient location on the Gulf Coast, it’s no wonder that Beau Rivage Resort & Casino has been voted the Number 1 Attraction in Mississippi for many years!
Mississippi Attractions for Families
Mississippi is a great place for families to visit, with plenty of exciting attractions to explore. From Biloxi’s casinos and Gulf Coast beaches, to the Tupelo Automobile Museum and Vicksburg National Military Park, there are activities that appeal to all ages. Nature lovers can take a hike along the Natchez Trace Parkway or experience wildlife up close at one of Mississippi’s many state parks.
Families can also enjoy some of the best southern cuisine in Jackson or shop for unique gifts in Oxford’s quaint downtown district. Whatever interests your family has, you will find something exciting to do in Mississippi!
Is There Anything Worth Seeing in Mississippi?
Yes, Mississippi has plenty of interesting attractions to keep you entertained. Here are some of the highlights:
• Vicksburg National Military Park: This is a must-see for history buffs!
It features a museum and monument dedicated to Civil War soldiers from the state. • Gulf Islands National Seashore: A perfect destination for beach lovers, this seashore offers stunning views, swimming spots and more. • Natchez Trace Parkway: For those who want an outdoor adventure, this scenic parkway spans 444 miles across three states – including Mississippi!
In short, there’s lots to explore in Mississippi that will take your breath away. From military parks to beaches and parkways – it’s worth seeing what this state has in store!
What is the Prettiest Town in Mississippi?
The prettiest town in Mississippi is Ocean Springs, located on the Gulf of Mexico. The city offers a unique mix of history and modern amenities that make it one of the most beautiful places to visit:
• Beautiful historic districts – Enjoy exploring some of Mississippi’s oldest architecture, including homes from the 1800s.
• Coastal attractions – Visit popular destinations like Shearwater Pottery or take a stroll along Front Beach Drive. • Nature trails – Hike through Davis Bayou Park and marvel at its diverse wildlife and wetlands habitats. Ocean Springs has something for everyone, making it an ideal spot for a weekend getaway or longer vacation.
What is Mississippi Most Famous For?
Mississippi is most famous for its culture, history, and landscape.
The state offers a variety of attractions that make it a popular travel destination:
* Historical sites such as the Vicksburg National Military Park and Biedenharn Coca-Cola Museum
* Music – Mississippi is home to blues, jazz and gospel music with roots in African American traditions * Outdoor recreation – from bird watching to hiking and fishing on the Gulf Coast beaches Mississippi’s unique culture has been influential in many aspects of American life.
What Do People Do around the Mississippi?
People around the Mississippi partake in a variety of activities:
* Fishing – anglers can fish for various kinds of catfish, bass, and other species.
* Boating – visitors can enjoy recreational boating or take sightseeing cruises on riverboats.
* Camping – campers have access to scenic spots along the banks of the Mighty Mississippi. * Golfing – golf courses surround many parts of the river offering challenging rounds for players. The Mississippi River provides plenty of fun and recreation opportunities for those living nearby or visiting from afar.
The state of Mississippi has many attractions and places to explore. From the awe-inspiring beaches to vibrant cities, there is something for everyone in Mississippi. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or local culture, Mississippi offers a wide range of activities that are sure to please travelers from all walks of life.
With its diverse landscape, rich culture, and numerous attractions, it’s no wonder why so many people decide to make this state their home away from home!