1. Visit the National Aquarium in Baltimore – Explore a world of aquatic life and marvel at the vibrant colors of over 17,000 animals representing more than 750 species.
2. Take a trip to Assateague Island – Enjoy beach activities such as swimming, sunbathing, fishing and surfing while watching wild horses roam around freely.
3. Tour the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum – Experience Maryland’s maritime history with hands-on exhibits and interactive displays about shipbuilding, boat building and more.
4. Go to Antietam National Battlefield – Learn about one of America’s most important Civil War battles through guided tours or self-guided audio tours that tell stories from both sides of the conflict . 5. Ride on The Great Allegheny Passage Trail – Bike along this 150+ mile trail that connects Cumberland Maryland to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for beautiful views throughout your journey . 6. Discover Sotterley Plantation – Explore this historic 18th century estate featuring original structures like slaves quarters and plantations house filled with artifacts from colonial times .
7. Stop by Sandy Point State Park – Spend time outdoors relaxing on sandy beaches or go crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay waters . 8. Hike Rocks State Park– Trek up King & Queen Seat (Maryland’s tallest peak) then wander through lush forests while admiring picturesque waterfalls along your way . 9 Tour Historic Annapolis – Enjoy charming cobblestone streets lined with restaurants, galleries and shops as you explore landmarks such as state Capitol Building & US Naval Academy grounds .
. 10 Relax at Deep Creek Lake– Spend some time in nature canoeing/kayaking/fishing on 75 miles worth of peaceful shorelines perfect for scenic picnics or camping under starry skies!
Maryland has something to offer for everyone – from its stunning national parks, beautiful beaches and unique attractions. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an adventurous family vacation, Maryland is the perfect place to explore. From charming towns like Annapolis and Baltimore to outdoor adventures in Assateague Island State Park, here are 10 of the best things to do in Maryland!
Maryland Tourist Attractions – 10 Best Places To Visit In Maryland
Unique Things to Do in Maryland
Maryland is a great place to explore, with plenty of unique things to do. From visiting the National Aquarium in Baltimore and exploring scenic Antietam Battlefield, to taking a tour of the historic sites in Annapolis or checking out one of Maryland’s many wineries and breweries, there’s something for everyone! Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities like biking and kayaking on the Chesapeake Bay or searching for family-friendly attractions like Splash Mountain Water Park or Six Flags America amusement park, Maryland has it all.
15 Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Maryland
Maryland is a state of great natural beauty, and it has no shortage of stunning places to visit. From picturesque beaches on the Eastern Shore to pristine woodland parks in Western Maryland, there are plenty of awe-inspiring spots that should be on any traveler’s bucket list. Some must-see destinations include Assateague State Park, which features an incredible white sandy beach and peaceful wildlife; Deep Creek Lake, where visitors can enjoy outdoor activities such as boating and fishing; Antietam National Battlefield, a historical site commemorating one of the bloodiest battles in the Civil War; and Catoctin Mountain Park for breathtaking views from its many trails.
Whether you’re looking for a day trip or a weekend getaway, Maryland offers plenty of options for beautiful places to explore.
What is the Number One Tourist Attraction in Maryland?
The number one tourist attraction in Maryland is the historic city of Baltimore. Located on the Chesapeake Bay, Baltimore has a rich history, culture and attractions that draw millions of visitors each year. From its iconic Inner Harbor to its vibrant neighborhoods and beautiful parks, there’s something for everyone in this remarkable city.
Visitors can explore museums like the National Aquarium or take a stroll through Federal Hill Park for stunning views of the harbor. There are also plenty of great restaurants, shops, and nightlife to enjoy during your visit to this dynamic destination!
Attractions in Maryland for Families
Maryland is a great place for families to visit, with plenty of attractions that are sure to please even the pickiest members of your family. From outdoor activities like camping and hiking in one of Maryland’s many state parks, to indoor fun at world-class museums, aquariums and theme parks, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful state. Nature lovers can explore the Chesapeake Bay or take a boat tour along the Potomac River.
Families can also experience history firsthand at sites like Fort McHenry National Monument and every kind of shopping option imaginable from quaint small towns to major malls.
Things to Do in Maryland This Weekend
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting weekend getaway, then Maryland is the place to be! From historic attractions like Antietam National Battlefield to outdoor adventures such as kayaking in Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, there’s something for everyone. Spend the day at one of Maryland’s many amusement parks or take in a show at The Hippodrome Theatre.
For an unforgettable culinary experience, visit some of Maryland’s award-winning restaurants and sample fresh seafood dishes from its renowned Chesapeake Bay cuisine. Whether it’s a family outing or just time with friends, make sure your next weekend adventure includes exploring all that Maryland has to offer!
Places to Visit in Maryland for Couples
Maryland is a great destination for couples looking to explore and enjoy some quality time together. From the mountains of western Maryland to the beach towns along the Atlantic Coast, there’s something for every couple. Whether you’re looking for romantic getaways or adventurous day trips, Maryland has plenty of places to visit – from historic sites like Antietam National Battlefield and Fort McHenry, to scenic attractions like Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge and Assateague Island State Park.
No matter what type of adventure you crave, Maryland has something special waiting just for two!
Things to Do in Maryland Today
If you are looking for things to do in Maryland today, there are endless possibilities! From exploring downtown Baltimore’s Inner Harbor and strolling along the boardwalk at Ocean City, to visiting the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum or taking a day trip to explore the Antietam National Battlefield. There is something for everyone in Maryland – from outdoor activities such as kayaking, fishing, and biking; to fantastic shopping opportunities; delicious seafood restaurants; and plenty of cultural attractions like art galleries and museums.
No matter what type of adventure you are looking for today, you’ll be sure to find it in Maryland!
100 Things to Do in Maryland
Maryland is well known for its charming towns, picturesque views, and diverse attractions. From exploring the historic city of Baltimore to discovering hidden gems like Assateague Island State Park and Deep Creek Lake, there are plenty of unique things to do in Maryland. Whether you’re a foodie or an outdoor enthusiast, Maryland has something for everyone with its 100 Things To Do list – from sampling local seafood delicacies to taking a hike through some of the state’s breathtaking trails.
What are 3 Things Maryland is Famous For?
Maryland is a beautiful state that has plenty to offer visitors. Here are three things Maryland is famous for:
• Crabs & Seafood: Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay offers some of the best seafood in the country, especially its crabs.
• Amish Country: Enjoy a rural experience with homemade goods, horse-drawn carriages and one-of-a-kind shopping experiences. • Historic Sites: Maryland has several historical sites like Antietam National Battlefield and Fort McHenry which played a crucial role in American history. Overall, there’s something for everyone when visiting Maryland – from delicious seafood to unique cultural experiences!
What Special Places are in Maryland?
Maryland is full of special places. Here are a few examples:
* Assateague Island National Seashore: A 37-mile barrier island off the east coast, home to wild horses and shorebirds.
* Antietam National Battlefield: The site of the bloodiest single-day battle in American history. * Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum: Located on the shores of St Michaels, it features boatbuilding displays and educational programs about local maritime culture. * Fort McHenry National Monument & Historic Shrine: Where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner during the War of 1812.
These are just a few of Maryland’s many special places worth exploring!
What is the Most Known Place in Maryland?
The most well known place in Maryland is undoubtedly Baltimore. This vibrant city is a popular tourist destination and offers plenty of attractions to explore.
Some of the must-see sights include:
• National Aquarium – one of the largest aquariums in the US. • Inner Harbor – this iconic waterfront area contains a variety of shops, restaurants, and museums. • Ft McHenry – famous for its role in inspiring “The Star-Spangled Banner”.
No visit to Baltimore would be complete without experiencing these landmarks!
What is Maryland Most Famous For?
Maryland is most famous for its picturesque beauty, rich history, and cultural attractions.
– Assateague Island National Seashore: Home to wild horses, pristine beaches and nature trails.
– Chesapeake Bay: A major estuary with a unique aquatic ecosystem teeming with marine life.
– The Inner Harbor of Baltimore: This bustling port city offers an array of attractions from the National Aquarium to the Maryland Science Center. – Historic Annapolis: It is America’s oldest harbor city, home to Colonial landmarks and the United States Naval Academy.
Maryland is a wonderful place to visit with its abundance of attractions and places to explore. From the exciting city of Baltimore, to the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, Maryland has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for an outdoor adventure or some urban excitement, there are plenty of activities in this state that will make your trip unforgettable.
With so many great things to do in Maryland, it’s easy to see why it’s such a popular vacation destination!