1. Visit the Mendenhall Glacier: The famous glacier is located only 12 miles from downtown Juneau and offers spectacular views of the breathtaking landscape.
2. Take a Whale Watching Tour: Hop on board one of Juneau’s whale-watching tours for an unforgettable experience spotting humpback whales, orcas, sea lions, and more!
3. Explore Mount Roberts Tramway: Take a scenic 7-minute ride to the top of Mount Roberts and enjoy breathtaking views of Gastineau Channel and surrounding mountains.
4. Visit Alaska State Capitol Building: Learn all about Alaskan history at the impressive state capitol building located in downtown Juneau. 5. Try Some Local Cuisine: Sample some delicious local delicacies like smoked salmon chowder or king crab legs at any number of restaurants throughout town! 6. Fly Fishing Adventure : Head out into nature with a fly fishing guide who will show you how to cast your line for trout, salmon, steelhead, charr or grayling fish!
7 . Douglas Island Day Trip : Experience stunning natural beauty by taking a day trip over to Douglas Island where you can explore beaches , trails and lakes . 8 .
Totem Heritage Center : Get an up close look at authentic 19th century totem poles carved by Tlingit natives as well as learn about their culture through interactive displays . 9 . Auke Bay Harbor Cruise : Enjoy beautiful scenes along Auke bay during this two hour cruise which has plenty of opportunities for wildlife viewing such as whales , porpoise , eagles etc !
10 . Shopping & Dining in Downtown Juneau : Check out unique boutiques , galleries , shops & eateries in charming downtown Juneau !
Juneau, Alaska is a beautiful coastal city with something for the whole family to enjoy. From wildlife viewing and whale watching to hiking and glacier trekking, there’s no shortage of things to do in Juneau! Here are ten of the best attractions and places that make this city so special: Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center, Tracy Arm Fjord, Mount Roberts Trailhead, Alaska State Museum, Macaulay Salmon Hatchery & Eagle Preserve, Red Dog Saloon & Grill House, St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church, Alaskan Brewing Company Taproom & Tours , Taku Glacier Lodge Adventures and Tongass National Forest.
Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation – Juneau has it all!
What are the Top Attractions in Juneau
Juneau, Alaska is home to some of the most stunning attractions in the state. Here are the top three:
* Mendenhall Glacier: A 12-mile long glacier that offers breathtaking views and plenty of outdoor activities.
* Mount Roberts Tramway: Ride a tram up Mt Robert for spectacular views from 1,800 ft above sea level. * The Alaskan Brewing Company Tour: Take a tour of America’s largest craft brewery located right in downtown Juneau! These attractions make Juneau a must-visit destination for any traveler looking to explore beautiful natural wonders and sample local culture.
Are There Any Outdoor Activities to Do in Juneau
Juneau, Alaska offers plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy during the summertime. Here is a list of some popular choices:
* Hiking – Explore Juneau’s trails and appreciate its natural beauty.
* Kayaking – Paddle across the water for an unforgettable experience. * Fishing – Try your luck at catching a variety of fish in local waters. * Wildlife viewing – Spot wildlife such as bears, whales and eagles from nearby areas.
Regardless of what type of activity you prefer, there are plenty of ways to make the most out of Juneau’s great outdoors!
Is It Easy to Get around And Explore Juneau on Foot
Yes, it is easy to get around and explore Juneau on foot.
Juneau has many trails, sidewalks and streets that make navigating the city a breeze. Here are some of the benefits of exploring Juneau by foot:
* You can take in the sights up close. * Walking allows you to go at your own pace and stop whenever you like. * It’s an eco-friendly way to get around without having to worry about parking or traffic.
Exploring Juneau by foot is both convenient and enjoyable!
What is the Best Area of Town for Visitors to Stay in Juneau
The best area for visitors to stay in Juneau is the downtown district. It offers plenty of accommodations, restaurants, and attractions within walking distance.
Advantages of staying in Downtown:
• Excellent location – close to shops and entertainment venues • Plenty of accommodation options – from budget hotels to luxury suites • Easily accessible public transport
Staying downtown gives visitors the convenience they need while still allowing them to explore all that Juneau has to offer.
Are There Any Museums Or Historical Sites That I Should Visit While in Juneau
Juneau, Alaska is home to a variety of museums and historical sites:
* Alaska State Museum – A great way to learn about the state’s rich history and culture.
* Juneau Douglas City Museum – Explore the city’s past from pre-European days to present day.
* St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church – Admire this beautiful church that was built in 1894. No matter what your interest, there is something for everyone in Juneau! Be sure to check out some of these amazing locations during your visit.
Are There Any Good Restaurants Or Bars Worth Checking Out While I’M in Town
Yes, there are many great restaurants and bars worth visiting while in town. Here are a few of the best:
• The Green Room – Offering locally sourced dishes with an eclectic twist.
• Bar 15 – A lively bar serving craft beer and cocktails alongside delicious snacks. • Rusty’s Pizza – Delicious pizza made from fresh ingredients in a unique atmosphere. No matter what kind of cuisine you’re looking for, these establishments will offer something to tantalize your taste buds!
How Much Time Should I Plan on Spending Exploring All the Sights And Attractions of Juneau
Exploring the sights and attractions of Juneau is an experience that shouldn’t be rushed. Depending on how many attractions you’d like to visit, plan for at least 3 days in the city:
* Visit Mendenhall Glacier & Nugget Falls – 1 day
* Explore downtown Juneau & Mt Roberts Tramway – 1 day * Take a whale watching tour or kayaking excursion – 1 day If you have additional time, consider taking a ferry trip to nearby areas such as Gustavus or Skagway.
Is It Possible to Take a Day Trip from Juneau to Other Nearby Cities Or Towns
Yes, it is possible to take a day trip from Juneau to other nearby cities or towns. Here are some popular destinations:
• Skagway – A historic city with access to the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park.
• Haines – An old-fashioned town with plenty of outdoor activities and scenic views. • Gustavus – Home to Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, an excellent nature destination for wildlife viewing. All these cities can be reached in one day from Juneau by car or plane, depending on which one you choose.
It’s a great way to explore the beauty of Alaska without having to stay overnight away from home!
Which Local Events Should I Plan My Visit around If Possible When Visiting During the Month of June in Alaska’S Capital City,Juneau
Juneau, Alaska’s capital city, offers a variety of exciting events throughout the month of June. Some noteworthy occasions that should be planned into your itinerary include:
* Great Alaska Beer Train: Held on June 1, this event combines craft beer tasting with an 8-mile scenic train ride – a great way to enjoy the outdoors!
* Gold Creek Salmon Bake and Cultural Festival: On June 15th, join in for live music and dancing while you savor delicious smoked salmon cooked over an open fire. * 4th of July Celebration at Marine Park: Celebrate Independence Day with fireworks displays over Gastineau Channel. There are also concerts, food vendors and family-friendly activities throughout the day.
No matter what brings you to Juneau during the month of June there is something for everyone to enjoy!
Is There Public Transportation Available within Mayne Island And What is Cost Associated With Using This Service
Mayne Island is served by public transportation operated by BC Transit. There are two bus routes, one that loops around the island and another between Village Bay Ferry Terminal and Miners Bay.
* Bus fare: Adult – $2.50, Senior/Child – $1.50
* Monthly pass: Adult – $55, Senior/Child – $45 Public transportation on Mayne Island is a great way to get around without relying on your own car or bike; it’s affordable and convenient for both locals and visitors alike.
Best Things to Do in Juneau, Alaska
Free Things to Do in Juneau from Cruise Ship
Juneau, Alaska is a popular destination for cruise ships, and there are plenty of free activities for visitors to enjoy. From hiking trails that offer stunning views of the Mendenhall Glacier or bustling downtown streets filled with shops and restaurants, Juneau has something to offer everyone. If you’re looking for an adventure on your vacation, take advantage of whale watching tours led by local experts who will educate you about the area’s wildlife.
For those looking for a more relaxing experience, Juneau also boasts several picturesque parks along its waterfronts where visitors can go bird-watching or simply sit back and enjoy the views. No matter what type of vacationer you are, there is always something fun and free to do in beautiful Juneau!
What to Do in Juneau, Alaska in One Day
Juneau, Alaska is a great destination for an unforgettable day trip. With its stunning glaciers, gorgeous mountains, and unique wildlife, there’s something for everyone to enjoy! Some of the top activities in Juneau include whale watching tours in Auke Bay, exploring downtown Juneau by kayak or paddleboard, visiting the historic Mt. Roberts Tramway for incredible views of the city and surrounding area from above, taking a tour of Mendenhall Glacier and Nugget Falls with informative local guides who will show you all about the area’s natural history while providing breathtaking views along the way.
If you have time left over after your sightseeing adventure on land or sea, be sure to check out one of Juneau’s many museums or art galleries to learn more about Alaskan culture.
What to Do in Juneau on Your Own
Juneau, Alaska’s state capital, is a great destination for travelers looking to experience the beauty of nature and explore its rich cultural history. From whale watching and glacier hikes to visiting museums and enjoying local cuisine, there are plenty of activities you can enjoy in Juneau on your own. Visit Mendenhall Glacier or take a floatplane tour to view the stunning fjords from up high.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try sea kayaking or even dog sledding! After all the outdoor activities, be sure to check out some of Juneau’s unique attractions like The Last Chance Mining Museum for a glimpse into Alaskan mining history or visit one of the many art galleries showcasing works by local artists. Whatever you decide to do in Juneau on your own, it will surely be an unforgettable experience!
Things to Do in Juneau, Alaska from Cruise Ship
Juneau, Alaska is home to many amazing activities for cruise ship passengers. From glacier tours and whale watching to zip-lining and kayaking, there are plenty of outdoor adventures to explore. Cruise ships also offer optional shore excursions that provide the chance to experience unique attractions such as dog sledding or a salmon bake dinner at an authentic Alaskan campfire.
If you’re looking for more relaxing experiences, Juneau also has beautiful hikes with stunning views of glaciers and mountains, art galleries showcasing local artwork, and delicious restaurants serving seafood dishes using fresh ingredients from the area’s plentiful fishing waters.
Things to Do in Skagway
Skagway is an amazing destination for those looking to explore the stunning Alaskan wilderness. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or an adrenaline junkie, there’s something in Skagway for everyone! Popular activities include hiking and biking on the scenic Chilkoot Trail, kayaking around Glacier Bay National Park, taking a ride on The White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad, exploring Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park or dog sledding with a local musher.
With so many exciting things to do in Skagway, it’s easy to see why this small town has become one of Alaska’s most beloved tourist destinations.
Things to Do in Ketchikan
Ketchikan, Alaska is a beautiful destination for travelers. With its picturesque views, abundant wildlife, and rich cultural heritage, Ketchikan offers something for everyone. From relaxing on the beach to exploring Misty Fjords National Monument or Tongass National Forest by boat or kayak, there’s plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy.
For those interested in learning more about the area’s history and culture, there are also several museums and galleries that showcase native art as well as displays on local history. Adventure-seekers will find no shortage of exciting things to do here; from fishing charters and whale watching tours to zip lining through the rainforest canopy!
Mendenhall Glacier is a glacier located in the Juneau Icefield, 12 miles from downtown Juneau, Alaska. It’s one of 38 large glaciers located in the icefield and has been receding since it was first documented by naturalist John Muir in 1879. In recent years, scientists have seen accelerated melting of Mendenhall Glacier due to rising temperatures caused by global climate change.
The glacier currently covers an area of about 3200 acres and is also known as Sitaantaagu (“the Glacier Behind the Town”) by locals.
Things to Do in Juneau Alaska in October
October in Juneau, Alaska is a great time to experience the beauty of the area! From hiking through Tongass National Forest to whale watching off the coast of Auke Bay, there are plenty of outdoor activities that can be enjoyed. For those looking for more cultural experiences, October also offers events such as folk music festivals and art galleries showcasing local talent.
With its unique mix of outdoor exploration and vibrant culture, Juneau is an excellent destination for anyone seeking adventure this autumn!
Juneau, Alaska is a beautiful destination with plenty of attractions and activities to keep you entertained. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, cultural experiences or just some sightseeing, Juneau has something for everyone. From the majestic Mendenhall Glacier to whale watching cruises and delicious local seafood restaurants – there are endless possibilities for fun in this enchanting city.
With its picturesque landscape and welcoming people, it’s not hard to see why Juneau is one of Alaska’s best-loved destinations.