1. Explore the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden: With its lush tropical foliage, this botanical garden is a great place to explore and take in the beauty of nature.
2. Watch Lava Flow at Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park: This park offers an amazing view of volcanoes and lava flows. It’s a great spot for photographers and hikers alike!
3. Take A Boat Ride On The Wailuku River: Enjoy the beautiful scenery as you cruise down the river on one of many boat tours available to visitors. 4. Visit Rainbow Falls State Park: This stunning waterfall is located in Hilo and it’s definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for something scenic to do in town! 5. Learn About History At Lyman Museum And Mission House: Located in downtown Hilo, this museum is dedicated to Hawaiian history and culture with exhibits that cover everything from ancient artifacts to modern times.
6. Go Shopping At Mamo Street Market Place: For some local shopping, head over to Mamo Street Market Place where you can find handmade souvenirs, fresh produce and more! 7 Coconut Island Beach Park : Relax under some palm trees or go for a swim at this beachfront park near downtown Hilo! 8 Pacific Tsunami Museum : Discover all about tsunamis–how they form, their effects on coastal areas–at this unique museum located near Coconut Island Beach Park .
9 Imiloa Astronomy Center Of Hawaii : Get inspired by science when visiting this astronomy center which features interactive exhibits and planetarium shows perfect for kids (and adults!) who want to learn more about space exploration . 10 Akaka Falls State Park : Take a hike through rainforest-like surroundings while admiring two majestic waterfalls–Kahuna Falls & Akaka Falls–in Akaka Falls State Park !
Hilo is a charming coastal city located on the east side of the Big Island in Hawaii. With its lush landscapes, vibrant culture, and picturesque coastline, it’s no wonder why Hilo is one of the top tourist destinations in Hawaii. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure or a relaxing beach vacation, there are plenty of activities to enjoy in this stunning location.
From exploring local waterfalls to visiting historic sites, here are some of our favorite things to do in Hilo: taking a visit to Akaka Falls State Park; strolling along Banyan Drive; touring Liliuokalani Gardens; kayaking tours along Wailuku River; experiencing lava fields at Kilauea Volcano National Park; snorkeling at Richardson Beach Park; checking out Mauna Kea Observatory and Onizuka Center for International Astronomy Visitor Information Station; trekking through Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park and Rainbow Falls State Park; admiring Kapoho Tide Pools & Hot Springs Nature Preserve.
Top 15. Best Tourist Attractions in Hilo, Hawaii
Unusual Things to Do in Hilo
Hilo, Hawaii, is a popular tourist destination boasting breathtaking views of the Pacific and an array of unique activities. From waterfalls to lava tubes, there’s no shortage of exciting things to do in Hilo. For those looking for something out-of-the-ordinary, why not try a visit to Rainbow Falls or explore Akaka Falls?
Another great option is a guided tour through Kaumana Cave Lava Tube System – here you’ll get the chance to see fascinating crystal formations as well as historical artifacts left behind by ancient Hawaiians. With so many unique attractions available in Hilo, it’s easy to find something new and different every time you visit this Hawaiian paradise!
Things to Do in Hilo at Night
Hilo is a great place to explore when the sun goes down. From night markets and live music events, to outdoor movie screenings and fire shows, there are plenty of fun things to do in Hilo at night. Whether you’re looking for an evening filled with culture or just want some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Hilo has something for everyone.
Top 5 Things to Do in Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo, Hawaii is a beautiful and diverse destination full of outdoor activities and cultural exploration. Whether you’re looking for an adventure or just some relaxation, there are plenty of things to do in Hilo. From visiting the Mauna Kea Summit Observatory to exploring the Pana’ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens, here are five top attractions that should not be missed when visiting this city!
What to Do in Hilo for a Day
Hilo is an exciting Hawaiian town located on the Big Island’s eastern coast. Perfect for a day trip, there’s plenty to do in Hilo! Start your day with a stroll along Banyan Drive, where you can admire the towering banyan trees and stunning ocean views.
After that, take some time to explore downtown Hilo and its many shops, restaurants and markets. Don’t miss out on visiting Rainbow Falls State Park before lunch – here you can enjoy beautiful cascading waterfalls surrounded by lush tropical rainforest. Finish off your day exploring Liliuokalani Gardens or Mokuola (Coconut Island) for some great photo ops!
Shopping in Hilo
Hilo, Hawaii is known for its unique shopping experience. From souvenir shops to art galleries, Hilo offers a wide variety of items to explore. With open-air markets and boutiques full of locally made products, it’s easy to find something special in this tropical paradise.
Whether you’re looking for handmade jewelry or a one-of-a-kind tiki mask, there is sure to be something that catches your eye while strolling through the streets of Hilo!
25 Things to Do in Hilo
Hilo is a picturesque town on the Big Island of Hawaii with plenty of activities to keep visitors entertained. From visiting colorful waterfalls and lush rainforests to exploring an ancient volcano, Hilo has something for everyone. For those looking for adventure there are some great opportunities for swimming, kayaking, surfing, snorkeling and scuba diving.
For nature lovers there are several botanical gardens and parks that offer beautiful sights such as Rainbow Falls or Akaka Falls. There’s also lots to do in downtown Hilo including shopping at local boutiques and galleries, trying out delicious cuisine from around the world at one of the many restaurants or enjoying a show at one of the many theaters. With so much to see and do in Hilo you won’t want to miss out!
Cheap Things to Do in Hilo, Hawaii
Hilo, Hawaii is an amazing destination for those looking to explore the beauty of the island on a budget. There are many free and cheap activities available that will allow you to experience all that Hilo has to offer without breaking your bank. Take a leisurely stroll through Liliuokalani Park and Gardens, admire the majestic waterfalls of Rainbow Falls State Park, or learn more about local Hawaiian culture at Imiloa Astronomy Center.
With so much to do in Hilo for little money, there’s no excuse not to plan a trip today!
Places to Eat in Hilo
Hilo, Hawaii is a vibrant city with an abundance of delicious eateries. From traditional Hawaiian plate lunches to Mexican cuisine and everything in between, there are plenty of places to eat in Hilo that will satisfy any appetite. Popular restaurants include KTA Super Stores for their famous poke bowls, Café 100 for its classic local-style plates and Akatsuka Orchid Gardens & Restaurant for its beautiful setting and exquisite Japanese food.
Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or an unforgettable dining experience, Hilo has something special just waiting to be discovered!
How Do You Spend a Day in Hilo Hawaii?
A day spent in Hilo, Hawaii can be a memorable experience for anyone. Here are some activities to enjoy:
• Visit Rainbow Falls Park and take a dip in the waterfall’s pool.
• Explore Liliuokalani Gardens and admire its Japanese-style landscaping. • Take a drive along the Hamakua Coastline and marvel at its stunning scenery. • Shop at local stores around town or browse through the Farmers’ Market for souvenirs.
• Enjoy an unforgettable dinner at one of Hilo’s many restaurants, followed by some nightlife fun! No matter what you choose to do, you’re sure to have a great time exploring this unique Hawaiian paradise!
What is Hilo Hi Known For?
Hilo Hi is known for its stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture and friendly locals. Its main attractions include:
– Rainbow Falls: A beautiful waterfall that cascades down into a lush green pool.
– Lyman Museum and Mission House: An intriguing museum with the oldest standing house in Hawaii, full of artifacts from the region’s past. – Akaka Falls State Park: A picturesque park featuring two majestic waterfalls surrounded by tropical foliage. Snorkeling and diving are also popular activities in Hilo Hi due to its clear waters filled with colorful marine life.
What is the #1 Thing to Do Big Island Hawaii?
The #1 thing to do on the Big Island of Hawaii is visit Volcano National Park.
This park offers a range of activities, from hikes and camping for the more adventurous, to bird watching and exploration in its lush rainforest areas. Visitors can also witness Kilauea’s mesmerizing lava flows, as well as peek into Halemaumau Crater – an active volcano!
Here are some highlights of Volcano National Park: • Explore five different types of volcanic environment • Hike through ancient lava tubes and forests
• Witness spectacular views at Mauna Loa Lookout • Take guided tours through Thurston Lava Tube (Nahuku) Exploring this unique park will provide visitors with unforgettable memories that they can treasure forever!
Is There Much to Do in Hilo?
Yes, there is much to do in Hilo. Here are some of the activities available:
• Visit Rainbow Falls, a beautiful waterfall located just outside of town.
• Explore Waipio Valley and its lush tropical landscape. • Go snorkeling or scuba diving at Coconut Island, one of Hawaii’s most popular dive spots. • Enjoy the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory for tours and delicious treats.
• Take part in traditional Hawaiian cultural activities such as hula dancing and lei making classes. Hilo offers something for everyone! There’s plenty to explore no matter what interests you may have!
Hilo, Hawaii is an amazing destination for travelers looking to experience the beauty of the islands and explore its culture. With a variety of activities – from snorkeling in beautiful bays to shopping at colorful markets – there’s something for everyone in Hilo. Whether it’s exploring Rainbow Falls or enjoying one of the many beaches, Hilo offers visitors plenty of opportunities to make memories that will last a lifetime.
From historic sites to modern attractions, these are just some of the best things to do when visiting this incredible city.