1. Visit the Montana State Capitol – a grand building full of historical artifacts and art.
2. Tour the Cathedral of St. Helena – an impressive cathedral built between 1885 and 1896 with stained glass windows, mosaics, and sculptures.
3. Take a ride up to Mount Helena for spectacular views of the city below and surrounding countryside.
4. Explore Reeder’s Alley Historic District – one of the oldest commercial districts in town with brick buildings dating back to 1860s-1870s era architecture and historic sites like Union Hall Saloon & Brewery Museum, Old City Jailhouse Museum, Gold Rush Gallery & more! 5. Enjoy outdoor recreation at Spring Meadow Lake State Park – fishing, swimming, boating or just taking in some fresh air while hiking trails around this lovely park located just outside town limits! 6. Have fun at Last Chance Gulch Carousel – take a spin on this vintage carousel from 1917 that has been restored to its original glory with hand painted scenery depicting scenes from Montana’s past!
7 . Spend time at Holter Lake – go camping or fishing along this beautiful lake surrounded by wildflowers during springtime months! 8 .
Check out Giant Springs State Park – get lost among nature here where you can spot wildlife including fish species like brown trout as well as elk or deer grazing nearby! 9 . Pay your respects at Veterans Memorial Park – admire monuments dedicated to those who served our country while learning about their heroic stories through interactive displays throughout this memorial site honoring all branches of military service personnel who fought for freedom & justice worldwide!
Helena, Montana is a great place to explore if you’re looking for activities that are both exciting and educational. From historical landmarks to outdoor recreation spots, there’s something for everyone in Helena. To make sure you don’t miss out on the top attractions, here are 10 of the best things to do in Helena: visit Last Chance Gulch, take a scenic hike at Mount Ascension, explore Reeder’s Alley Historic District, learn about gold mining at the World Museum of Mining, enjoy nature at Spring Meadow Lake State Park, check out Cathedral of St. Helena and its incredible stained glass windows , marvel at Gates of the Mountains boat tour , experience unique culture at Holter Museum of Art , shop around Great Northern Town Center , and soak up local history by visiting Montana Historical Society .
Whether you’re visiting with friends or family – there’s something special waiting for you in Helena!
Top Ten Best places to visit in Helena, Montana
Unusual Things to Do in Helena, Mt
Helena, Montana is a great destination for those looking to explore the outdoors and experience something unique. From hot air balloon rides over the Rocky Mountains to visiting local ghost towns, there are plenty of unusual activities to enjoy in Helena. For a truly memorable experience, visitors can take part in a scavenger hunt or geocaching adventure with clues that lead them throughout the city’s historic downtown area.
Additionally, outdoor enthusiasts can also hike some of Helena’s beautiful trails or go on a whitewater rafting excursion through one of its many rivers and streams.
Things to Do in Helena, Mt This Weekend
Helena, Montana is full of exciting activities this weekend! If you’re looking to explore the outdoors, take a hike on one of Helena’s many trails or soak in some stunning views at Mount Helena. For those looking for something more indoors, check out Last Chance Pub & Cider Mill for a unique food and drink experience.
There are also plenty of art galleries and museums to visit around town if you’re interested in learning more about the city’s history. No matter what your interests are, there is sure to be something fun waiting for you in Helena this weekend!
Fun Things to Do in Helena
Helena, Montana is a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts and culture seekers alike. From kayaking down the Missouri River to exploring the galleries of Last Chance Gulch, there’s something for everyone in this charming mountain city. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of festivals throughout the year such as Helena’s Annual July Fourth Celebration or live music events at the Myrna Loy Center.
For those looking to explore nature, nearby Gates of the Mountains Wilderness is an amazing spot for hiking and fishing. No matter what you’re looking for, Helena has plenty to offer!
Things to Do in Helena, Mt Today
If you’re looking for something to do in Helena, Montana today, look no further! There are plenty of exciting activities to enjoy throughout the city. Take a tour of the state capitol building or visit one of the many art galleries and museums located downtown.
You can also spend some time outdoors by exploring Mount Helena Park or taking a scenic drive along Last Chance Gulch. For an adventure with friends, check out local breweries or go tubing down Prickly Pear Creek. No matter what your interests may be, there’s sure to be something fun and interesting to do in Helena today!
Free Things to Do in Helena, Mt
Helena, Montana is a great place to visit and explore. There are lots of free things to do in Helena such as visiting the Capitol Building, exploring Last Chance Gulch or attending one of the many events at The Myrna Loy Center. You can also take a hike on Mount Helena or enjoy some fishing on Hauser Lake.
Don’t forget to check out the Lewis & Clark Caverns State Park for breathtaking views and unique geological formations!
Indoor Things to Do in Helena, Mt
If you are looking for something fun to do indoors in Helena, Montana, there is no shortage of activities! From historic museums to family-friendly attractions and interactive experiences, Helena offers a wide variety of indoor activities. The Holter Museum of Art houses an impressive collection of American art from the 18th century to contemporary works, while the Original Governor’s Mansion provides a fascinating look into the lives of past governors and their families.
Youngsters can have a blast at Exploration Works Science Center with its hands-on exhibits and games. For those who prefer more traditional entertainment, catch a show at Grandstreet Theatre or take in some classical music at Cathedral Square Concert Series. With so much to see and do indoors in Helena, you’re sure to find something that suits your interests!
Things to Do in Downtown Helena, Mt
Downtown Helena, Montana is a great place to explore and find plenty of interesting activities. The historic district offers sightseeing tours, as well as unique shops, restaurants and galleries. Visitors can also enjoy the annual art walk which takes place each May or take part in one of the many community events that are held throughout the year.
With its beautiful mountain views and charming downtown atmosphere, Downtown Helena is a great destination for anyone looking for an enjoyable day trip or weekend getaway!
Things to Do in Helena, Mt at Night
Helena, Mt is a great place for nightlife! Whether you’re looking for a local pub to grab a drink with friends or hoping to catch some live music, Helena has something for everyone. Take in the sights of Last Chance Gulch by strolling down the historic main street and stop in at one of the many restaurants or bars along the way.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, head up Mount Helena and experience beautiful views as well as fun activities such as camping and hiking. No matter what type of evening activity you’re looking for, Helena has it all!
What is Helena Montana Known For?
Helena, Montana is known for its diverse landscape and rich history.
Notable attractions include:
• Last Chance Gulch – a historic main street featuring restaurants, shops, and galleries
• The State Capitol Building – the 19th century building that houses the state’s government • Reeder’s Alley Historic District – an area of Victorian homes and businesses dating back to the 1870s • Gates of the Mountains Wilderness Area – a scenic area with canyons cut by the Missouri River
It is also home to many museums and historical sites honoring Helena’s unique culture.
Is Helena Montana Worth a Visit?
Yes, Helena Montana is worth a visit. Here are some reasons why:
• It has stunning views of the Rocky Mountains.
• There’s plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy, such as hiking and fishing. • Its vibrant downtown district offers shopping, dining, and entertainment options for visitors. • The city also hosts several festivals throughout the year that celebrate its culture and history.
Visiting Helena Montana is sure to be an enjoyable experience!
Why Visit Helena?
Helena, Montana is a great destination for nature lovers. It has an abundance of outdoor recreational activities to enjoy. Here are some reasons to visit Helena:
• Boating and fishing – Explore the Missouri River and numerous surrounding lakes with boat rentals or guided tours available. • Hiking – Enjoy miles of trails, including ones that lead to waterfalls in nearby mountains. • Wildlife viewing – Look out for bighorn sheep, bald eagles, beavers and more while exploring Helena’s forests and lakes.
Helena offers something for everyone to explore and experience! Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Helena will not disappoint!
Does Helena Montana Have a Downtown?
Yes, Helena Montana has a downtown. The area is full of shops, restaurants and attractions for visitors to explore.
Downtown Helena offers:
• Shopping areas such as Last Chance Gulch and the historic Downtown District. • Restaurants with local flavors like Big Dipper Ice Cream and Blackfoot River Brewing Co. • Attractions including art galleries, museums, and outdoor activities like biking or walking trails along the Prickly Pear Creek.
It’s an ideal spot for both locals and visitors alike to enjoy!
Overall, Helena offers a variety of activities and attractions that make it an ideal destination for any traveler. From outdoor adventures to historical sites, there is something for everyone in this charming Montana town. Whether you want to experience the outdoors with a scenic hike or explore the city’s unique history by visiting museums, Helena has plenty of things to do and see.
With its natural beauty and friendly atmosphere, Helena is sure to provide visitors with an unforgettable experience!