1. Visit the historic Dover Downs, a popular destination for horse racing fans and gamblers.
2. Explore the Delaware Seashore State Park to take in its stunning natural beauty, including sandy beaches and tall dunes along with bird sanctuaries and hiking trails.
3. Tour Hagley Museum & Library in Wilmington to learn about the history of DuPont gunpowder mills which are now preserved as a museum site.
4. Take kids on an educational adventure at Rehoboth’s Brandywine Zoo or Jungle Jim’s Waterpark both offering fun activities for all ages! 5 Killens Pond State Park is perfect for swimming, fishing, boating, camping and more outdoor activities located near Milford town . 6 Spend some time around World War II vessels at Lewes Maritime Museum where you can also explore other exhibits related to area shipbuilding industry .
7 Visit First State National Historical Park covers several sites important historically like New Castle Court House , Old Swedes Church , Fort Christina etc . 8 Wander through Winterthur Museum Garden & Library – former home of Henry Francis du Pont who filled it with decorative arts from across America plus gorgeous gardens too! 9 Catch a show at The Grand Opera House in Wilmington or visit Firefly Music Festival held annually during summer months at nearby Dover International Speedway grounds !
10 Check out Nemours Mansion & Gardens – magnificent 77-room Georgian-style mansion surrounded by beautiful formal gardens perfect venue for weddings or special events!
Delaware is a small and beautiful state with plenty of attractions to offer. From historic sites to delicious eats, it’s no surprise that Delaware is a great place for visitors. Here are 10 of the best things to do in Delaware, from exploring charming towns and beaches to visiting museums and parks.
Whether you’re looking for fun activities or peaceful spots, there’s something for everyone in this east coast gem!
Top 10 Places to Visit in Delaware
Unique Things to Do in Delaware
Delaware is a small state with plenty of unique activities for visitors to enjoy. From the coastal beaches and boardwalks, to the vibrant downtown areas, there’s something for everyone. Visitors can explore local history at museums such as Hagley Museum and Library or take in some live music at The Grand Opera House in Wilmington.
Nature lovers will appreciate Delaware’s numerous parks where they can find trails, campgrounds, wildlife watching spots and more. Outdoor enthusiasts can also rent kayaks on Rehoboth Bay or go fishing off one of the many docks around Delaware’s waterways. With so much to do both indoors and out, it’s no surprise that Delaware has become a popular destination for those looking for an exciting getaway!
Attractions in Delaware
Delaware is home to a wide variety of attractions. From beaches and amusement parks to historic sites, museums and zoos, there’s plenty for visitors of all ages to explore in this small yet vibrant state. The most popular attractions include the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk, the Air Mobility Command Museum at Dover Air Force Base, the Delaware Seashore State Park and Fort Miles Historic Area.
Whether you’re looking for an exciting family adventure or a relaxing weekend getaway, Delaware has something for everyone!
Things to Do in Delaware This Weekend
Delaware is a great destination for weekend getaways! This weekend, why not check out some of the exciting and unique activities Delaware has to offer. From exploring historic sites such as Fort Delaware or spending time outdoors at Cape Henlopen State Park, there’s something for everyone in Delaware.
Don’t forget to sample some of the delicious local cuisine while you’re here! Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day trip or an action-packed adventure, Delaware is sure to provide plenty of entertainment and fun this weekend.
Things to Do in Delaware for Couples
Delaware offers plenty of activities for couples to enjoy. From hiking, biking, and kayaking at the state’s beautiful beaches to exploring historical sites in Dover and Wilmington, there is something for everyone. For those looking for a romantic evening out on the town, Delaware has numerous fine dining restaurants as well as wineries and craft breweries that provide a unique atmosphere.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not try your luck at one of Delaware’s casinos? No matter what type of couple you are, Delaware has something special to offer!
Hidden Gems in Delaware
Delaware is often overlooked as a tourist destination, but it has many hidden gems for visitors to explore. From the beaches of Bethany and Rehoboth to the historic towns like Lewes and New Castle, there’s something for everyone in Delaware. Nature lovers can enjoy hiking trails at Killens Pond State Park or kayaking on Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge.
Art fans will appreciate the collections at The Biggs Museum of American Art in Dover and Winterthur Museum near Wilmington. With its diverse attractions, Delaware is an ideal place to discover some of America’s best-kept secrets!
Free Things to Do in Delaware This Weekend
Delaware is a great place to explore, and there are many free things to do this weekend. From outdoor activities like hiking or biking at White Clay Creek State Park to exploring the historical sites in Old New Castle, visitors can find something fun and affordable for everyone. Those looking for a more cultural experience can take advantage of Delaware’s art galleries, museums and theaters.
Shopping trips around Wilmington offer plenty of unique boutiques and restaurants with no admission fee. Plus, don’t forget about some of Delaware’s beaches which provide year-round entertainment from swimming in the summer months to watching birds migrate during winter – all absolutely free!
Fun Things to Do in Delaware Today
Delaware offers a plethora of exciting activities for its residents and visitors. From outdoor recreation to historical sites, there is something for everyone in the First State. Whether you’re looking for a day at the beach, a nature hike, or an evening of entertainment, Delaware has plenty of fun things to do today.
Visit one of the state parks where you can enjoy fishing, kayaking, horseback riding and more; take in some culture with live music or theater performances; go on an educational journey through museums like Winterthur Museum & Country Estate; shop ‘til you drop at Christiana Mall; or get your adrenaline pumping with thrilling rides at Funland Amusement Park!
Things to Do in Delaware at Night
Delaware offers plenty of fun activities to enjoy at night. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner, a lively bar scene or an evening at the movies, Delaware has something for everyone. With its diverse selection of restaurants and bars, there’s always something new to experience in Delaware.
From bowling alleys and comedy clubs to live music venues, you can find the perfect entertainment spot for your evening out. If you’re feeling adventurous, explore one of many beautiful beaches in Delaware after dark – take a stroll along the boardwalk or watch shooting stars from the beach!
What are 3 Things Delaware is Famous For?
Delaware is a small state with a big reputation. It’s known for its nickname of “The First State,” and there are several things Delaware has become famous for over the years:
* Tax-Friendly Business Climate: The corporate tax structure in Delaware offers businesses a competitive advantage, making it an attractive location to set up shop.
* Historic Sites: From colonial architecture to battlefields from the Revolutionary War, historic sites abound in Delaware. * Beautiful Beaches: With miles of sandy beaches along the Atlantic Coast, visitors flock to this popular vacation destination year round. Whether you’re looking for an ideal spot to start your business or just want some sun and sand by the sea, Delaware has something special waiting for you.
How Do I Spend a Day in Delaware?
Spending a day in Delaware can be exciting and rewarding. Here are some of the things you can do:
• Visit Rehoboth Beach for sun, sand, surf and fun.
• Take a leisurely stroll through the historic district of Wilmington or explore Brandywine Valley’s lush gardens. • Shop ’til you drop at Christiana Mall or browse unique boutiques in downtown Dover. • Enjoy an evening out with friends by visiting one of Delaware’s many craft breweries and wineries.
No matter what type of activities you choose to enjoy while spending your day in Delaware, it will surely be memorable!
What is Most Popular in Delaware?
Delaware is known for its beaches, historical sites, and tax-free shopping. The most popular attractions include:
* Rehoboth Beach – A classic beach town with boardwalks and plenty of activities for all ages.
* Wilmington Riverfront – An area filled with shops, restaurants, entertainment venues and more. * Delaware Museum of Natural History – Home to a collection of over one million specimens from around the world. * Dover International Speedway – Hosts two NASCAR Cup Series races each year.
Overall, Delaware offers something for everyone who visits!
What is the Most Beautiful Part of Delaware?
The most beautiful part of Delaware is Rehoboth Beach. Located on the Atlantic Coast, this area boasts stunning shorelines, iconic boardwalks and a vibrant downtown scene.
Rehoboth Beach offers:
– Miles of beach for sunbathing and relaxing – Boardwalk with an array of dining options and amusements – Shopping areas to explore from souvenir shops to high end boutiques
Whether you’re looking for outdoor recreation or some retail therapy, Rehoboth Beach has something everyone will enjoy!
In conclusion, Delaware is a great place to visit for any type of traveler. There are plenty of activities and attractions that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. From the scenic beaches to the interesting museums and historical sites, there is something for everyone in this small but beautiful state.
Whether you are looking for an outdoor adventure or a cultural experience, Delaware has it all!