1. Visit the Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum – See a wide variety of artifacts from the original Cheyenne Frontier Days celebration, including old photos, costumes and more.
2. Take a tour at Terry Bison Ranch – Enjoy scenic views on horseback or in an ATV with guided tours around this sprawling ranch featuring bison, longhorn cattle and elk.
3. Go to the Wyoming State Capitol Building – Tour this iconic landmark and learn about Wyoming’s history while admiring its beautiful architecture and artwork throughout the building.
4. Explore Curt Gowdy State Park – Hike or bike along trails that lead you through stunning landscapes of mountains, rivers and lakes at Curt Gowdy State Park located near Cheyenne. 5. Check out Historic Downtown Cheyenne- Walk down streets lined with Victorian-era buildings filled with restaurants, stores, galleries and museums for a glimpse into 19th century life in Cheyenne . 6 .
Visit The Lincoln Monument – Learn about Abraham Lincoln’s ties to Wyoming as you explore his monument dedicated to him on top of Union Pacific Depot Hill overlooking downtown Cheyenne.. 7 .
Go Shopping At The Outlets Of Cheyenne – Find popular brand names like Nike , Levi’s , Columbia Sportswear & More all under one roof! 8 .See A Show At The Atlas Theatre– Catch a show at one of the oldest operating theatres in Wyoming showcasing plays musicals & other live performances year round !
9 .Take A Self Guided Walking Tour Of Downtown– Stroll along streets lined w/ historic buildings & monuments taking time to appreciate their captivating stories! 10 .
Cheyenne, Wyoming is a great place to visit for its vibrant history and stunning natural beauty. From the spectacular views of Vedauwoo Recreation Area to the fascinating exhibits at Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum, there’s something for everyone in this delightful city. To make sure you don’t miss out on any of the best things to do in Cheyenne, here are our top ten attractions:
1) Visit Laramie County Library for amazing books and educational programs; 2) Tour Historic Governors’ Mansion or take a ride on an old steam engine train; 3) Explore Curt Gowdy State Park with its miles of trails and stocked fishing lake;
4) Check out the amazing art galleries at Cheyenne Depot Plaza; 5) Stroll through the streets of downtown Cheyenne while enjoying excellent restaurants, shops and entertainment venues; 6) See some wild animals up close at The Nature Conservancy’s Terry Bison Ranch ; 7 ) Take an adventure tour along paths taken by historical figures like Buffalo Bill Cody ; 8 ) Enjoy family-friendly activities at Holliday Park ; 9 ) Try your hand at casinos located around town ,or explore Fort D A Russell Museum which showcases local artifacts from settlers who traveled westward during America’s western expansion .
10 ) Finally be sure not to miss one of Wyoming’s most popular annual events – Cheyenne Frontier Days!
CHEYENNE, WYOMING – The TOP 10 Places you NEED to see!
Things to Do in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Cheyenne, Wyoming is a great destination for those looking to experience the outdoors and unique culture of the American West. From rodeos and western-style restaurants to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, camping, fishing and hunting – Cheyenne has something for everyone! Tourists can also explore museums like the Wyoming State Museum or take in a show at Cheyenne Little Theatre.
With its historic downtown area full of shops and eateries plus plenty of local parks to explore – visitors will find that there’s no shortage of things to do in Cheyenne!
Things to Do in Cheyenne This Weekend
This weekend, there is plenty to do in Cheyenne! Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or cultural experiences, the city has something for everyone. For those seeking some adventure, take a guided horseback ride through Curt Gowdy State Park or visit one of the many museums downtown.
If you prefer relaxing pursuits, spend an afternoon exploring historic buildings and monuments at the Wyoming State Capitol Grounds or enjoy a leisurely stroll along Depot Plaza. No matter what your interests may be, Cheyenne offers something special this weekend!
Weird Things to Do in Cheyenne
Cheyenne, Wyoming is full of unique and interesting things to do. From visiting a historic buffalo ranch to exploring Cheyenne’s underground railroad hideout, there are plenty of weird and wonderful activities for visitors to enjoy in the city. Other unusual experiences include taking part in a ghost tour around the old town or attending one of the many quirky festivals held throughout the year.
Whether you’re looking for an educational experience or just want something different from your everyday routine, be sure to check out all that Cheyenne has to offer!
Things to Do in Cheyenne at Night
Cheyenne has plenty of activities to choose from in the evening. You can take a tour of the historic Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum or catch a show at the Cheyenne Civic Center Theater. For nightlife, visit one of the many bars and restaurants downtown for live music, dancing, great food, and drinks.
If you’re looking for something more low-key, there are several movie theaters showing new releases each week.
Cheap Things to Do in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Cheyenne, Wyoming is a great place to visit for those looking for an affordable vacation. There are plenty of cheap things to do in the city ranging from outdoor activities like hiking and camping, to visiting historical sites such as the Cheyenne Depot and Old West Museum. Additionally, visitors can explore local art galleries and museums or take advantage of free concerts at the Historic Plains Hotel all summer long.
With so many inexpensive options, a trip to Cheyenne won’t break your bank!
Things to Do in Cheyenne Today
If you’re looking for fun things to do in Cheyenne today, there’s plenty of options! Take a stroll through the downtown area and explore its many historic sites like the Wyoming State Capitol Building or take a tour at the Nelson Museum of the West. The city also offers plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking trails, fishing spots, and an array of parks.
For those seeking some entertainment, check out one of the local venues offering live music or catch a show at Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum. Whether you want to explore history or just relax outside with friends, there is something for everyone in Cheyenne today!
Romantic Things to Do in Cheyenne, Wyoming
One romantic thing to do in Cheyenne, Wyoming is to take a carriage ride through the city’s historic downtown. The cobblestone streets and old brick buildings create a charming atmosphere that can be enjoyed while cuddling up with your loved one and taking in the sights of this vibrant town. Afterward, you could also visit some of the city’s great restaurants or catch a show at one of its many theaters.
There are plenty of ways to make your time together extra special in Cheyenne!
Family Things to Do in Cheyenne, Wyoming
Cheyenne, Wyoming is an ideal destination for families looking to explore the great outdoors. From fishing in Curt Gowdy State Park to horseback riding at the Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum, there are plenty of exciting activities that both parents and kids can enjoy together. Other popular family-friendly attractions include visiting the historic downtown area, exploring museums like the Nelson Museum of the West and taking a scenic drive through Medicine Bow National Forest.
No matter what type of adventure your family seeks, you’re sure to find something special in Cheyenne!
What is the Number One Tourist Attraction in Wyoming?
The number one tourist attraction in Wyoming is Yellowstone National Park.
This iconic park offers a plethora of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy:
– Explore the over 2,000 geysers and hot springs that are spread across the area.
– Tour the expansive lake areas, including Shoshone Lake and Yellowstone Lake. – Get up close with some of nature’s most impressive wildlife at Lamar Valley or Hayden Valley. – Hike through some of Wyoming’s most breathtaking landscapes on any of the numerous trails available.
No matter what your interests may be, there’s something for everyone to experience at America’s first national park!
What is Cheyenne Wyoming Known For?
Cheyenne, Wyoming is the state capital and known for its rich western heritage. It is home to many historical sites, landmarks and museums that celebrate its past:
* Frontier Days – a 10-day celebration of Cheyenne’s cowboy culture
* The Union Pacific Depot Museum – a museum showcasing railroad history * Cheyenne Botanic Gardens – offering over 70 acres of gardens and trails to explore. Cheyenne also has plenty of outdoor activities including hiking, camping, fishing and skiing.
Is Cheyenne Worth a Visit?
Yes, Cheyenne is worth a visit! Here are some reasons why:
• It’s the capital of Wyoming and is full of history.
• The city offers a range of activities for all ages – from biking to shopping. • Outdoor lovers can enjoy stunning views in nearby parks, mountains and lakes. • You’ll find plenty of great restaurants too!
Cheyenne has something for everyone; it’s the perfect place to explore and enjoy the best that Wyoming has to offer!
Is There a Lot to Do in Cheyenne Wyoming?
Cheyenne, Wyoming is a great place to visit for those looking for something to do. It offers many activities and attractions:
• Cheyenne Frontier Days – an annual rodeo and festival that takes place in July.
• Historic Downtown District – full of shops, restaurants, galleries, and more. • Terry Bison Ranch Resort – offers visitors the chance to take part in activities such as horseback riding and ATV tours. • Curt Gowdy State Park– features camping, fishing, hiking trails and other outdoor recreation areas.
In addition there are plenty of museums, art galleries, theaters and music venues offering entertainment throughout the year making Cheyenne a great destination for any traveler!
Cheyenne is a great place to explore and experience all that the Wild West has to offer. From its vibrant culture, rich history, and stunning landscapes – there’s something for everyone in Cheyenne. Whether you’re looking for outdoor activities or cultural attractions, you’ll find plenty of things to do in this charming city.
From visiting Frontier Days Old West Museum, exploring Curt Gowdy State Park or taking part in some classic rodeo events at Cheyenne Frontier Days, visitors will have their hands full with amazing activities while they visit the Wyoming capital. With so many opportunities to discover new places and experiences, it’s no wonder why people love coming back time and time again!